The San Francisco Vegetarian Society
 For health and humanity, promoting vegetarianism since 1968
The "news and views" discussed here are those of the participating users, and do not necessarily represent or have the endorsement of the San Francisco Vegetarian Society.






> SFVS on Facebook <
be kind to animals, don't eat them
   Sunday, January 18, 2015
PermalinkA word from the new President - Greg Rohrbach
Greetings!  My name is Greg Rorhbach. 

As the SF Veg Society newly elected President, I am thrilled to serve this historical SF organization! I first heard about SFVS five years ago at the Green Festival.  At first, Patly and I were veg curious about the vegan lifestyle.  We read, researched, and talked to other vegans. We became even more engaged by connecting with other veg folks.  Monthly society potlucks and SFVS co-sponsored Wellness Central dinners provided educational and spiritual support that kept us on track!  When we first attended the annual World Veg Festival, we were very impressed with all the great speakers, vendors and amazing veg community.  From then on, I was inspired to play a bigger role in the society and served first as a volunteer at events, then board member and Volunteer Coordinator for the festival.  I was honored when Dixie (Pres for over 40 years) asked me whether I would be interested in succeeding her as the next President of the SFVS.  Her tap dancing shoes will be hard to fill, but with the help of the board members and Patly (my organized better half), Dixie’s legacy will continue on.  For those of you who are die-hard Dixie fans… don’t worry she will not be going away.  The dedicated Dixie will still help SFVS as Vice President and will guide me with pertinent society functions.  I am so grateful she will be around.  I hope to continue Dixie’s legacy to promote a veg lifestyle in the San Francisco Bay Area!

I look forward to meeting each and every one of our members and future members.  A little bit about myself… I am a Veteran who served in the Navy.  I have been an RN for 10 years now, mostly in cardiac care.  In my current job as the Healthy Heart Program RN Coordinator at the SF Veterans Medical Center, I work with patients who have had cardiac procedures such as open-heart surgeries and coronary artery stents.  I help educate them on making healthy lifestyle changes to prevent future cardiac events.  It just so happens that research has demonstrated that a vegan diet not only prevents   coronary artery disease but can also reverse it.  Every participant       receives the Forks over Knives video!  Currently, I am enrolled at         USF pursing a Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree as a           nurse practitioner.  My hobbies include connecting with other like-minded folks, hiking/biking, and grabbing a Field Roast veg burger at ATT park every now and then (Derby Grill 127 if you are wondering).  


posted by SFVS admin on:
1/18/2015 09:36:00 AM
Share  

1 Comments:
Anonymous Bev said...

Thrilled to have you aboard Pres. Greg!! SUCH an undertaking whilst pursuing your doctorate, but with Patly partnering with you, anything is possible! You're the plant-based power couple!�� Thanks to Dixie for all her years of leadership. You've got big little dance shoes to fill. Gooooo plants!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< SF Veg Report Home


View Calendar of Events

Powered by Blogger

Google

theWeb SFVS.org


The San Francisco Vegetarian Society, P.O. Box 2510, San Francisco, CA. 94126-2510  •  (415) 273-LIV1
site design and maintenance by veggiedude
San Francisco Vegetarian Society, Copyright 1999-2015